Orange Sorbet in Chocolate Shell
- Leave a Comment
Ever since I saw cake sphere moulds being used in cookery shows, I had made up my mind in buying one. Every time I went hunting for the same, it was out of stock. After several futile attempts, decided to buy them online. So, following a much long wait, I finally got it 2 days back.
Having made up my mind on using chocolate as the casing, the next thought was what to use as filling. As luck would have D made it easier for me. Just before leaving for school, he had a request. “Mama, today I want something sweet and refreshing when I get back from school.” As I nodded my head accepting his request, my eyes fell on the pile of oranges in the fruit bowl. Orange sorbet it is !! I wanted to try it out asap. So off I went about with the process of peeling, extracting the juice etc. Just before pouring into the mold, I tasted it..Ouch…my heart sank.. it was so bitter that one just couldn’t even have a spoonful. The only option was to discard and start all over. This time when I tasted before pouring it was sweet. Such a huge relief !! Once D was back from school, I served him. He was bowled over by the look. After the first spoonful, he said “Mama, you nailed it. This is exactly what I wanted.” Just when I was doing my happy dance, he said. “Mama, it’s having a bitter after taste.” Oh no !! not again !! I tasted it and was heartbroken…all over again.. It did have a subtle bitterness. Just then, D reminded me of the store bought Orange juice lying in the fridge. With his encouragement, I decided to give a final shot. The result was perfect. No bitterness any more. D was so pleased with the result. “Perfect!!”, he said. Phew !!! Another recipe to be added to my collection 🙂
I got the sorbet recipe from BBC Good Food.
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)