Cauliflower was a vegetable I used to really dislike, till a few years back. What changed my liking was this dish that I had at a party. I could never imagine that cauliflower can taste so good. I found out the method and the ingredients that goes to make this recipe and tried my own version. It’s a very simple North Indian style dish.
Gobi Ki Sabzi (Dry Cauliflower Curry)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add the asafoetida and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Put in the ginger and garlic pastes and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the chilli and turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook till the cauliflower is done.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and the garam masala and mix well.