Fish Pulao is a very simple preparation. I had taken down this recipe from a cookery show some years back. Use any fresh firm-fleshed fish like pomfret, seer fish etc to prepare this Pulao. Frozen fish can also be used but won’t be as tasty.
- Mix turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, ginger-garlic pastes, onion paste, garam masala and 1/2 cup curd and marinate the fish in it for at least half an hour. .
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish fillets till brown in colour and cooked. Take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, saute the remaining marinade in a little bit oil till oil separates.
- Mix the remaining curd,cream,coriander leaves, half of the fried onions and the marinade and mix with the fish.
- Cook the rice with kasoori methi till done.
- Take a baking dish and layer the rice and fish alternately with rice forming the topmost layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and remaining fried onions and serve with Raita or Mirchi ka salan.