D loves Pizzas. It’s been more than a month since I made them. This time I decided to surprise him. I started the preparation of dough in the morning itself, so that it gets enough time to rise. Keeping my fingers crossed, I watched the development of the dough every 30 minutes. I was so relieved to see when it doubled in size. :-) I made the pizza sauce in advance so that I didn’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen in the evening. D was very thrilled to find that it was Pizza for dinner. Let me confess, J isn’t too fond of Pizzas. But he was too engrossed with a project of his that he didn’t show any displeasure. Good for me :-) No sad faces
- In a bowl take yeast and sugar.
- Pour the lukewarm water and let it stand for about 10 minutes or more till it becomes frothy.
- In another bowl, take the flour and mix with salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix till well blended.
- Add the oil and mix well till you get a soft ball of dough.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for the dough to rise, until the volume is doubled.
- Once it has doubled, turn the dough onto a well floured surface, pat down and shape into pizza crust.
- Transfer to a Pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce.
- Arrange pepperoni on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake on preheated oven at 230C for 10-15 minutes or till the crust is brown and cheese changes colour.
Note: This Pizza dough was sufficient to make a 11" Pizza.
Pizza Sauce Recipe: