As a person looking forward to culinaryexperiments, my biggest source of ideas come from TV shows, magazines and of course the internet. Last night while I was watching the show "Highway on my Plate", I got interested in the dish 'Cream Chicken' from Chawla's Chicken. Even though their website gave some clues on how to prepare the dish, the recipe was mostly secret, so to say. :-(
What inspired me to try this one was its 'no oil'preparation. Armed with the few tips I got from the website, I set about. I don't know how close it tastes to the original, but my boy was pretty pleased. On being asked to rate this dish, D gave a 9.5 on 10. Am I happy??? You bet :-)
- Grind the onions along with ginger and garlic to a fine paste
- Mix the chicken with all the ingredients except green chillies.
- Mix well
- Cover and cook on low heat, stirring occassionally, till cooked through.
- Add the green chillies and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Switch off the heat and serve with roti, rice or bread.