Today I was busy packing and was just not in the mood for any elaborate cooking. One quick look at the pantry and I saw chicken and a whole lot of coriander leaves. So that's it..... Decision made. It's going to be Coriander Chicken. No recipe books, no TV shows,no net browsing, not even my diary...... Just went along the way and added whatever I felt like. After tasting, D gave a thumbs up and said "Mama, it tastes different and I liked it a lot". Even I was pretty happy with the result. :) Its a quick to make recipe and tastes yummy too
- Marinate chicken with lime juice and salt for at least half an hour.
- Grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind the coriander leaves and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute the ginger-garlic-chilli paste till raw smell goes.
- Add the turmeric powder and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir for a minute.
- Then add the coriander and cashew pastes.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook on low heat till chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with bread of your choice or rice.